24 August 2011

What Steve Jobs Built

You've all heard the news by now. Steve Jobs has stepped down as Apple's CEO. I could recite his accomplishments, but you know them. I could link to the videos, but you've seen them. I could tell you to buy a Mac and an iPhone, but you've already got them.

But there is one thing I haven't seen anyone say about Steve, so I'll say it now.

You often hear that we don't build anything in America anymore. And it's true enough that we don't build TVs, and we don't make much steel, and we don't make many textiles, and even Apple doesn't make computers here anymore.

But we still do make ONE thing in America.

We make the future.

And Steve Jobs did that better than anybody, for a long, long time.

Thank you, Steve. I hope you have many happy and healthy years to enjoy the future you've done so much to build. I'm gonna head over to the Mac App Store now and buy Motion as a way-too-tiny token of my profound gratitude.

Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/home_of_chaos/4645091860 (Creative Commons BY License)

2 Comments:

Blogger Drummond Reed said...

Well said, Bob.

=Drummond

August 26, 2011 6:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hill said...

Indeed. A sad day.

October 06, 2011 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home